About the Texas A&M Plant Breeding Symposium
The Texas A&M Plant Breeding Symposium was founded in the fall of 2014 by four graduate students at Texas A&M studying Plant Breeding, Molecular and Environmental Plant Sciences, and Horticulture.
This one-day research symposium was designed to be a completely free event to promote education and community within the subject of Plant Breeding.
The inaugural event was held on February 19, 2015 with about 350 attendees participating in-person or online via our live webinar broadcast.
- Educate future plant breeders on the most cutting-edge technologies and ideas in plant breeding.
- Encourage networking between global leaders in plant breeding research at prominent institutions and the plant breeders of the future.
- Appreciate research advancements and opportunities within private industry.
- Promote plant breeding research conducted at Texas A&M.
- Provide Texas A&M graduate students the valuable experience of sharing research findings in a professional context.
- Enhance leadership and organizational skills of future plant breeders through executing a completely student planned event.