DuPont Pioneer Travel Scholarship
Introduced in the year 2016 to foster interaction between graduate students studying plant breeding at Texas A&M and the students studying plant breeding or a related science at other institutions. The program will encourage information exchange on research ideas and promote networking among students at the symposium. The scholarship is solely administered by the symposium organizing committee and is fully funded by DuPont Pioneer.
Three students will be selected to present oral keynote lectures during the day of the symposium selected by the organizing committee. The presentation will be a 5 minute rapid oral followed by 2 minutes of questions. In addition, awardees will present a poster of their research to allow for follow-up discussion during the poster session. All three students selected will receive $450 scholarships.
Applicant must be a full-time graduate student at a United States collegiate affiliated institution.
All applicants must upload their "Presentation Title”, "Presentation Abstract," and other required information into the student competition sign-up form.
All applicants must send their research presentation electronically no later than the day prior to the scheduled presentation.
Selected applicants must submit a biographical PowerPoint slide.
Students in the Texas A&M University system are ineligible to apply.
Applicant must agree to arrive before 4 PM on February 21, 2018 in College Station, TX
- The originality of the research presented, which may or may not be explicitly related to the symposium theme
- The quality of the writing (including clarity, grammar, and understandable)
- The interest of the subject matter and approach
- The suitability of the conference presentation (including appropriate length, clear results obtained, and appropriate conclusions).
- The Graduate Student Organizing Committee will evaluate blind abstracts to select the three awardees.
*In fairness to other participants, abstracts that are over the specific word limit will automatically be disqualified.